We loved seeing everyone this weekend! Feel free to message us during the week if you have any questions. If you missed this week’s message, or want to hear it again, be sure to check out our SERMONS Page. Messages are generally posted each week by Tuesday afternoon.
Every week, it’s our goal to provide you with some questions to process the message deeper, either personally, or with a small group. Here are some questions for you to consider from this week’s message, “Amazingly Small”, part 2 of CIRCLING THE SUN message series, with Pastor Shawn M. Shoup.
TALK IT OUT
Discuss these questions with someone—maybe a family member, friend, or member of your Connect Group. Use a communication method that works best for your situation.
Find a conversation starter for your group.
- What is your best sledding story? Either as an adult or a child.
Ask a question to get your group thinking.
- When you look at the size of the cosmos against the size of our earth, how insignificant do you feel?
- Why do you think God has made us (humanity) so significant in the vastness of the universe?
Choose a question to create openness.
- What does the vastness of the universe, compared to the minute planet we live on, tell you about the sovereignty (supreme power and authority) of God?
- How can you better trust God with the challenges we face in this life, understanding how small we really are in this universe?
Be bold and pray with power.
God, I am so small. How is it that You love me so much? How is it that You have plans and purposes for my life? God, I want to mirror Your love. I want to reflect it into the world around me. God, in this universe, I am so insignificant, but You have made me significant. Help me to have the impact on this world that You have planned for me to have.
Commit to a step and live it out this week.
- As you walk through this week, and whatever challenges it may bring, try to step back from the issues you see and try to view them from space. Like the image of Earth that looked like a dust mote hanging in a ray of sunshine.
- Remember how insignificant we are next to the greatness of God.
- Remember each day that God is sovereign (supreme in power and authority) in your life, this world, and the universe.
- Take courage and hope, and find peace in that fact.
- Continue with us in the 21 Days of Prayer + Fasting.
Work on the three challenges from this series:
- Write in your “travel book” and journal what God speaks to you.
- Remember that you are small, but God is big.
- Ask God for wisdom.