We loved seeing everyone this weekend! Feel free to message us during the week if you have any questions.
If you missed this week’s message, or want to hear it again, be sure to check out our SERMONS Page. Messages are generally posted each week by Tuesday afternoon.
Every week, it’s our goal to provide you with some questions to process the message deeper, either personally, or with a small group.
Here are some questions for you to consider from this week’s message, “Nothing Is Ordinary”, part 1 of CIRCLING THE SUN message series, with Pastor Shawn M. Shoup.
TALK IT OUT
Discuss these questions with someone—maybe a family member, friend, or member of your Connect Group. Use a communication method that works best for your situation.
Find a conversation starter for your group.
- What is one thing you would like to see accomplished in the world in 2021?
- What is one thing you would like to personally accomplish in 2021?
Ask a question to get your group thinking.
- What does “numbering your days” mean to you?
- What does it mean to “gain a heart of wisdom”?
Choose a question to create openness.
- Considering the expanse of the galaxies, how do you feel about your place in them?
- Consider the old song lyric: “He’s got the whole world in His hands.” After looking at the broad picture of our place in the universe, how does this lyric affect you?
Be bold and pray with power.
Father. Thank You for holding my whole world in Your hands. God, the universe You created is SO BIG! But God, You are bigger! Help me to look forward to 2021 as a year that You are holding in Your hands. Help me to find optimism in You and Your plans for me. Teach me to number my days, that I may gain a heart of wisdom.
Commit to a step and live it out this week.
- As you walk through this week, try to start looking at the world — not up close, but big picture.
- Ask God to remind you how small you are in all of this and how BIG He is!
- Pray for that perspective to give you peace, comfort, hope, and joy, that God’s got you!
- Continue with us in the 21 Days of Prayer + Fasting.
- Work on the three takeaways from this weekend:
- Make a plan. Get a “travel book” and journal what God speaks to you.
- Learn to say “no”.
- Ask God for wisdom.