We loved seeing everyone this weekend! Feel free to message us during the week if you have any questions.
If you missed this week’s message, or want to hear it again, be sure to check out our SERMONS Page. Messages are generally posted each week by Tuesday afternoon.
Every week, it’s our goal to provide you with some questions to process the message deeper, either personally, or with a small group.
Here are some questions for you to consider from this week’s message, “The Why Behind the When”, part 3 of THE THRILL OF HOPE message series, with Pastor Sande Lofberg.
TALK IT OUT
Discuss these questions with someone—maybe a family member, friend, or member of your Connect Group. Use a communication method that works best for your situation.
Find a conversation starter for your group.
- Do you have any New Year’s family traditions?
- How do you feel about New Year’s resolutions?
Ask a question to get your group thinking.
- Do you feel that you have a good handle on who God is? Do you feel like the blind men trying to guess what an elephant is similar to when you try to describe God?
- Are you open to experiencing God in ways you haven’t before?
Choose a question to create openness.
- Have you ever had a flawed view of who Christ is or how He relates to you?
- What was the process of Holy Spirit bringing you to a new, deeper understanding?
Be bold and pray with power.
Jesus, thank you for not “leaving well-enough alone”. Thank you for bringing us new understanding and a deeper relationship. Thank you for opening our eyes. Thank you for Your unending patience. Help me to be open to change. Help me to be open to getting to know You in new and deeper ways every day.
Commit to a step and live it out this week.
- Each day of this week, prayerfully commit to allowing God to open your eyes to the world the way He sees it. Allow Him into your way of thinking and modify as He sees fit.
Thank you for developing these follow-up questions Pastor Derick. I’ve shared with some none Destinoids who attended. So useful for further discussion. My heart was to open folks hearts to what new aspects of God’s character they could explore. Your questions will stimulate that exploration.
We agree. He’s pretty great!