We loved seeing everyone this weekend! Feel free to message us during the week if you have any questions.
If you missed this week’s message, or want to hear it again, be sure to check out our SERMONS Page. Messages are generally posted each week by Tuesday afternoon.
Every week, it’s our goal to provide you with some questions to process the message deeper, either personally, or with a small group. One option: join us on Wednesday nights at the Destiny office building for the GOING DEEPER Connect Group.
Here are some questions for you to consider from this week’s message, “The Why Behind the When”, part 1 of THE THRILL OF HOPE message series, with Pastor Shawn M. Shoup.
Micah 4 and 5 ESV
TALK IT OUT
Discuss these questions with someone—maybe a family member, friend, or member of your Connect Group. Use a communication method that works best for your situation.
Find a conversation starter for your group.
- What do you think is the most obnoxious Christmas song? Why?
- What is your absolute favorite Christmas song? Why?
Ask a question to get your group thinking.
- Why do you believe God said so much, through the prophets, about Jesus’ eventual coming?
- There were 700 years between God’s words through the prophet Micah and the coming of Jesus. What stance for hope do you feel Israel had then? Do you think their faith had wavered some?
- 2,000 years since Jesus came to earth, lived, died, was resurrected and rose to the right hand of the Father. What hope can we have now? Why?
Choose a question to create openness.
- You may not know everything, but you do know Him who does know everything. How can internalizing this truth affect your outlook during this season of life?
- Bethlehem was insignificant. Jesus was born into an insignificant family in an insignificant building in an insignificant town. How can this understanding of Jesus’ earthly beginnings inform your understanding of what the perception of “insignificant” truly is?
- If such significant things can come from such insignificant beginnings, what hope can you have in Jesus?
Be bold and pray with power.
Jesus! Please stay central in my vision. Help my perspective to be based in You! When my eyes and mind wander, please continue to draw my focus back on You. Help me to remember who You are and what You’ve done this Holiday season as I believe for You to continue to do good in this world and in my life. Thank You, Jesus!
Commit to a step and live it out this week.
- Each time this week you start to feel hopeless, talk to God! Say, “God, I don’t know everything, but You do. And I am trusting You. Help me to trust You even more!” Allow Holy Spirit to lift your spirits step-by-step this week.
- Each day, take a moment to think of good things that are happening in your life and around your life. This might be as simple as “I woke up today”. Or as complex as “God is using this community to care for the lost and broken and discouraged”.