We loved seeing everyone this weekend! Feel free to message us during the week if you have any questions.
If you missed this week’s message, or want to hear it again, be sure to check out our SERMONS Page. Messages are generally posted each week by Tuesday afternoon.
Every week, it’s our goal to provide you with some questions to process the message deeper, either personally, or with a small group. One option: join us on Wednesday nights at the Destiny office building for the GOING DEEPER Connect Group.
Here are some questions for you to consider from this week’s message, “The Why Behind the When”, part 1 of THE THRILL OF HOPE message series, with Pastor Shawn M. Shoup.
Galatians 4:4 ESV
TALK IT OUT
Discuss these questions with someone—maybe a family member, friend, or member of your Connect Group. Use a communication method that works best for your situation.
Find a conversation starter for your group.
- What was the best gift you received as a child? Why was it the best? What is the story behind it?
Ask a question to get your group thinking.
- What is your most stressful Christmas story?
- With hindsight being 20/20, what was the bigger story going on around your stress? Does this perspective give you peace over that memory?
Choose a question to create openness.
- The Christmas story – the entire Bible – is full of people who had plans that are “blown up” by God’s plans. What are your feelings regarding God “blowing up” your plans to suit His purposes? Why do you feel that way?
- If you had the gift of pre-hindsight 20/20 vision – if you could tell the future – would you be willing to allow God to “blow up” your plans, knowing how everything would turn out?
- Can we know the future? Can we know God’s plans that “blow up” our own will be worth the disruption?
Be bold and pray with power.
God! Thank you for reminding me that Your ways are solid. In the Bible, we read over and over again how Your plans are good! We read about how Your logic is greater than our own. How You know the beginning from the end. God, help me to trust You! Help me to embrace Your changes to my plans. Help me to partner with You and Your plans. Help me to work with You and not against You. Help me to shine Your light in this world.
Commit to a step and live it out this week.
- Commit to spending some time this week meditating on God’s work in your own life. Spend some time thanking God for His unanswered prayers. For the times His plans superseded your own and the times His plans proved to be better than yours.
- Allow God to start to shift your view of current circumstances, and current culture. Allow Him to remind you that His plans supersede our own. Allow yourself to trust in Him. He’s never let us down and He’s not about to start now.