We loved seeing everyone this weekend! Feel free to message us during the week if you have any questions.
If you missed this week’s message, or want to hear it again, be sure to check out our SERMONS Page. Messages are generally posted each week by Tuesday afternoon.
Every week, it’s our goal to provide you with some questions to process the message deeper, either personally, or with a small group. One option: join us on Wednesday nights at the Destiny office building for the GOING DEEPER Connect Group.
Here are some questions for you to consider from this week’s message, “The Long Way Up”, part 5 of OUR COURSE THROUGH THE CHAOS message series, with Pastor Derick Brown.
Ephesians 1:19-21, 2:4-6, Exodus 13:17-22 ESV
TALK IT OUT
Discuss these questions with someone—maybe a family member, friend, or member of your Connect Group. Use a communication method that works best for your situation.
Find a conversation starter for your group.
- What is your most memorable non-Christmas memory from the month of December?
Ask a question to get your group thinking.
- Think back. What are some of the best “up” moments of your life?
- What are some of the lowest “down” moments?
Choose a question to create openness.
- Do you feel that there is a stigma regarding life’s “ups” and “downs” in the church? Should there be?
- What is the most freeing aspect of accepting that life has “ups” and “downs”, and working through the “sideways times”, expecting that God will be faithful to bring you “up” in His time?
Be bold and pray with power.
Father, I understand that there are many things that I just don’t know. And I understand that, in this life, things aren’t always going to be easy. I pray that You would make me more aware of what I am to be learning and growing in during the “sideways” times in my life. I pray that You would bring me peace and comfort – and help me to trust You through the process and to trust that Your plans for me are good.
Commit to a step and live it out this week.
- Take some extra time this week and, specifically, look for 3-to-5 things you’ve learned in your “down” or “sideways” times.
- Work on being thankful for those times this week. And pray that the Father would use those memories – those testimonies – to strengthen you through the rest of 2020 and on into the future that He has planned for you.