We loved seeing everyone this weekend! Feel free to message us during the week if you have any questions.
If you missed this week’s message, or want to hear it again, be sure to check out our SERMONS Page. Messages are generally posted each week by Tuesday afternoon.
Every week, it’s our goal to provide you with some questions to process the message deeper, either personally, or with a small group. One option: join us on Wednesday nights at the Destiny office building for the GOING DEEPER Connect Group.
Here are some questions for you to consider from this week’s message, “Jesus in the Wilderness”, part 4 of OUR COURSE THROUGH THE CHAOS message series, with Pastor Shawn M. Shoup.
Hebrews 12:1-3 MSG, Luke 4:1-22 ESV
TALK IT OUT
Discuss these questions with someone—maybe a family member, friend, or member of your Connect Group. Use a communication method that works best for your situation.
Find a conversation starter for your group.
- What are you most thankful for this week?
- What is your most cherished Thanksgiving tradition?
Ask a question to get your group thinking.
- We have a pretty good idea of what it looked like when Jesus was in the wilderness. What does it look like when you’re in the wilderness? Is there anything odd or unexpected about that?
- As far as getting out of the wilderness, how much do you feel our attitudes affect our ability to walk out?
Choose a question to create openness.
- When we are tested, and our weak areas are pointed out, how do you think we should respond? What posture should we hold to best capitalize on the testing portion of our wilderness seasons?
- When we are tested and our true loyalties are revealed, what should our response be?
- When we are tested and our identity is challenged, how can we confirm our standing as children of God?
Be bold and pray with power.
Jesus, I recognize that there are seasons in this life. And I recognize that I may be being tested here. Jesus, I pray You would not waste this opportunity. What should I be learning in the 2020 wilderness? What can I be doing? How can I be instigating positive change in this world? Jesus, help me to shine Your light in the dark places in this world.
Commit to a step and live it out this week.
- Challenge yourself, and ask/allow Holy Spirit to direct your focus on what He has for you to see.
- Pay attention to what is going on around you. Try to look at it from a neutral position as you work to learn whatever you can from this season.