We loved seeing everyone this weekend! Feel free to message us during the week if you have any questions.
If you missed this week’s message, or want to hear it again, be sure to check out our SERMONS Page. Messages are generally posted each week by Tuesday afternoon.
Every week, it’s our goal to provide you with some questions to process the message deeper, either personally, or with a small group. One option: join us on Wednesday nights at the Destiny office building for the GOING DEEPER Connect Group.
Here are some questions for you to consider from this week’s message, “Embracing Change”, with Pastor Regan Pickrel.
TALK IT OUT
Discuss these questions with someone—maybe a family member, friend, or member of your Connect Group. Use a communication method that works best for your situation.
Find a conversation starter for your group.
- Does pineapple belong on pizza?
- What is the best pizza you’ve ever had?
Ask a question to get your group thinking.
- Do you feel it is appropriate for a message on a Sunday to be uncomfortable?
- Are there appropriate or non-appropriate times for uncomfortable discussions in church? Or should we have them whenever uncomfortable subjects come up?
- In what ways have you been uncomfortable recently?
Choose a question to create openness.
- Name a time you wronged someone and they refused to forgive you. What was that situation like for you? For them?
- Name a time in your life where unforgiveness on your part caused more hurt than was necessary. What did you learn during that season of your life?
Be bold and pray with power.
Holy Spirit, thank You for not allowing me to sit idle and leave good enough alone. Thank You for challenging me – for making me uncomfortable – for caring enough about me to challenge me to grow. I recognize that I have been forgiven much – please help me to see where I am not forgiving those that have wronged me – so that I may forgive much.
Commit to a step and live it out this week.
- Take a moment and ask Holy Spirit to point out any issues you haven’t forgiven.
- For the rest of this week, commit to praying for that person – every time you think of this person or situation.
- After a week, check back in with yourself. Look at how your feelings/perspective regarding this person/situation have changed.