We loved seeing everyone this weekend! Feel free to message us during the week if you have any questions.
If you missed this week’s message, or want to hear it again, be sure to check out our SERMONS Page. Messages are generally posted each week by Tuesday afternoon.
Every week, it’s our goal to provide you with some questions to process the message deeper, either personally, or with a small group. One option: join us on Wednesday nights at the Destiny office building for the GOING DEEPER Connect Group.
Here are some questions for you to consider from this week’s message, “You Are Going to Make It”, part 3 of the OUR COURSE THROUGH THE CHAOS message series with Pastor Shawn M. Shoup.
Psalm 118:17 NKJV
TALK IT OUT
Discuss these questions with someone—maybe a family member, friend, or member of your Connect Group. Use a communication method that works best for your situation.
Find a conversation starter for your group.
- So how about the weather ‘eh? What’s your favorite season and why?
- Would you rather enjoy all seasons as they are – ever-changing? Or would you rather have one perpetual season forever?
Ask a question to get your group thinking.
- Do you feel like the church should be a part of tough and uncomfortable conversations like racial injustice, sexuality, mental illness, and suicide? Why or why not?
- Why do you think that the church has traditionally not been a part of these conversations?
Choose a question to create openness.
- Share one or two times when you really felt like Jesus caught you as you were falling.
- Do you feel alone? If so, why? If not, why not?
- Are you in a place where you need personal help with mental health issues? If so, you are not alone! Please reach out to your friends or family or your Destiny family! We’re here to hold you up and support you. You don’t have to fight alone.
Be bold and pray with power.
Jesus! Jesus! Jesus! I don’t know everything. I don’t understand everything. These conversations are hard and uncomfortable. And I don’t like having them. But, Jesus, You understand all of these issues. And You care! Jesus, help me to understand. Help me to care. Help me to have compassion for myself and for those around me. Jesus, shine your light in the dark places in my life. And help me to shine that light in the dark places in this world. Jesus, Your plans are good. Help me to walk along the path You would have me walk.
Commit to a step and live it out this week.
- Let’s commit to being open and honest regarding these issues.
- Perhaps you need to instigate conversations with people about getting help for yourself.
- Perhaps there are people in your life that you have concern for and need to instigate conversations with them to offer help and support. Maybe you need to help them open up and become honest, so they can find real help. Remember, we are called to shine the light of Jesus into the dark places of this world. Both external and internal.