We loved seeing everyone this weekend! Feel free to message us during the week if you have any questions.
If you missed this week’s message, or want to hear it again, be sure to check out our SERMONS Page. Messages are generally posted each week by Tuesday afternoon.
Every week, it’s our goal to provide you with some questions to process the message deeper, either personally, or with a small group. One option: join us on Wednesday nights at the Destiny office building for the GOING DEEPER Connect Group.
Here are some questions for you to consider from this week’s message, “Miracle in Malta”, part 1 of the OUR COURSE THROUGH THE CHAOS message series with Pastor Shawn M. Shoup.
2 Samuel 4:4; 9:1-8, Luke 14:21-23 ESV
TALK IT OUT
Discuss these questions with someone—maybe a family member, friend, or member of your Connect Group. Use a communication method that works best for your situation.
Find a conversation starter for your group.
- Would you rather find yourself in a large crowd, daily, or be completely alone all but once a week?
Ask a question to get your group thinking.
- Consider: what might the principle of “quick to listen, slow to speak” have done to enhance those situations? What if the aggressor in those discussions took the time to listen to the other person’s story before judging? How might things have been different?
- With that in mind, who is welcome at God’s table? Who would Jesus turn away?
Choose a question to create openness.
- Paul and the other men on the ship had to start throwing a lot of stuff overboard. The stuff they thought they needed, one minute, became unessential moments later. What in your life has proven to be non-essential through this year? Are you surprised by any of those things?
- In contrast, what things have proven to be essential? Are any of those things surprising to you?
Be bold and pray with power.
Jesus, help me to see the way that You do. To feel the way that You do. To love the way that You do. Jesus, teach me to empathize with the people that You love, who are not-yet seated at Your table. Jesus, help me to not be jealous or angry when people are seated at Your table that I don’t understand. In those situations, help me to learn the back-stories of those people. Help me to understand them, to care for them, to love them – TRULY LOVE THEM – the way that You do. Jesus, help me to treat these people with the same care and grace that You’ve shown me.
Commit to a step and live it out this week.
- What can you do this week to make room at God’s table?
- Maybe you need to talk to someone you’ve pre-judged. Perhaps you need to welcome someone or invite someone to a relationship.
- Maybe you need to ask some questions, and hear some stories, and learn the backgrounds of some people.
- Perhaps you need to plan to participate in activities and outreaches that invite those who have not yet been seated to the seats that God designated for them before time began.