We loved seeing everyone this weekend! Feel free to message us during the week if you have any questions.
If you missed this week’s message, or want to hear it again, be sure to check out our SERMONS Page. Messages are generally posted each week by Tuesday afternoon.
Every week, it’s our goal to provide you with some questions to process the message deeper, either personally, or with a small group. One option: join us on Wednesday nights at the Destiny office building for the GOING DEEPER Connect Group.
Here are some questions for you to consider from this week’s message, “Miracle in Malta”, part 1 of the OUR COURSE THROUGH THE CHAOS message series with Pastor Shawn M. Shoup.
ACTS 27 and 28 ESV
TALK IT OUT
Discuss these questions with someone—maybe a family member, friend, or member of your Connect Group. Use a communication method that works best for your situation.
Find a conversation starter for your group.
- What is your favorite fall activity and/or tradition?
- What kinds of memories do the sights and scents of the first good snowfall bring to mind?
Ask a question to get your group thinking.
- At the beginning of 2020, what were some of your hopes and dreams for the new year?
- Like Paul and the guys in the ship, caught in the northeaster, and just allowing the ship to be pushed wherever the storm wished, do you feel caught and out of control in the storm that is 2020?
Choose a question to create openness.
- Paul and the other men on the ship had to start throwing a lot of stuff overboard. The stuff they thought they needed, one minute, became unessential moments later. What in your life has proven to be non-essential through this year? Are you surprised by any of those things?
- In contrast, what things have proven to be essential? Are any of those things surprising to you?
Be bold and pray with power.
Jesus, I feel scared. I feel out of control. I feel like I’m stumbling around in the dark, looking for a way out of the chaos that this year has brought. But Jesus! In the midst of this mess, in the midst of this darkness, I will hold on to the fact that the God that I worship — the God that I serve — You – You are the same yesterday, today, and forever! And You are faithful!
And I might be violently tossed by the storm. But Jesus, You are the anchor for my soul — both firm and secure! No matter what is changing around me, Jesus, You don’t change! No matter what storm comes, Jesus, You don’t change! Jesus, You are my safety! Jesus, You have called me! And Jesus, You will be faithful to take me to the future that You have called me to! And I know You will always be faithful!
Commit to a step and live it out this week.
- Spend some time this week being honest with God. Tell Him how you feel about what is going on. Then, spend some time remembering what God has promised. And remember that God has not forgotten! He hasn’t forgotten You! He hasn’t forgotten His promises! He hasn’t abandoned You! He has a plan for You, and He will be faithful to follow through those plans to completion.