We loved seeing everyone this weekend! Feel free to message us during the week if you have any questions.
If you missed this week’s message, or want to hear it again, be sure to check out our SERMONS Page. Messages are generally posted each week by Tuesday afternoon.
Every week, it’s our goal to provide you with some questions to process the message deeper, either personally, or with a small group. One option: join us on Wednesday nights at the Destiny office building for the GOING DEEPER Connect Group.
Here are some questions for you to consider from this week’s message, “Right Where You Want ‘Em”, part 5 of the BIG MOUTH message series, with Pastor Shawn M. Shoup.
Genesis 37-42 NIV
TALK IT OUT
Discuss these questions with someone—maybe a family member, friend, or member of your Connect Group. Use a communication method that works best for your situation.
Find a conversation starter for your group.
- Have you ever been mistreated because you were excited about something?
- Have you ever shared good news with someone you shouldn’t have?
Ask a question to get your group thinking.
- When was a time you felt forgotten, similar to Joseph?
- Have you ever had the chance for revenge but instead chose forgiveness?
Choose a question to create openness.
- When was a time that perseverance paid off for you?
- If you could jump back in time, what advice might you give the 13-year-old you?
Be bold and pray with power.
God, help me to be patient. Help me to trust in Your power and Your plans for me. God, I know You know more than I do. I know You know better than I do. And I know I can trust You. Please help me to find joy in the journey You have placed me on. And help me to hear as You direct me going forward.
Commit to a step and live it out this week.
- Think, what steps can you take to make sure to not have “fish mouth” in person and online?
- Make a plan to help keep your tongue under control.
- Pray daily that Jesus would renew your mind until you think like He does. (Romans 12:2)