We loved seeing everyone online this weekend! Feel free to message us during the week if you have any questions. If you missed this week’s message, or want to hear it again, be sure to check out our SERMONS Page. Messages are generally posted each week by Tuesday afternoon.
Every week, it’s our goal to provide you with some questions to process the message deeper, either personally, or with a small group. Here are some questions for you to consider from this week’s message, “Out of My Heart”, part 4 of the BIG MOUTH message series, with Pastor Shawn M. Shoup.
Luke 6:45 NKJV
TALK IT OUT
Discuss these questions with someone—maybe a family member, friend, or member of your Connect Group. Use a communication method that works best for your situation.
Find a conversation starter for your group.
- What is your favorite outdoor activity and why?
- What originally drew you to this activity?
Ask a question to get your group thinking.
“A good person produces good things from the treasury of a good heart, and an evil person produces evil things from the treasury of an evil heart. What you say flows from what is in your heart.” – Luke 6:45 NLT
- Think back to some of the conversations you’ve had recently. Based only on those conversations, what state do you think your heart is in?
- Think of some adjectives (describing words) to clarify what is in your heart. (Example: joyful, hopeful, excited, sad, tired, scared…)
Choose a question to create openness.
- Why do you think your heart is in the state previously described?
- What types of input could change the state of your heart? (Either positively or negatively)
Be bold and pray with power.
Father God, please guide me in Your ways. Help me to see the world through Your eyes. Help me to learn to not worry about tomorrow and live assuredly of your goodness today. Father, please fill my heart with the things you would have there. I only want to speak truth and love. Help me to overflow with Your goodness.
Commit to a step and live it out this week.
- Name a few people you can speak life to this week.
- Make sure to pray before you speak, post, or comment, online or offline: quick to listen, slow to speak.