We loved seeing everyone online this weekend! Feel free to message us during the week if you have any questions. If you missed this week’s message, or want to hear it again, be sure to check out our SERMONS Page. Messages are generally posted each week by Tuesday afternoon.
Every week, it’s our goal to provide you with some questions to process the message deeper, either personally, or with a small group. Here are some questions for you to consider from this week’s message, “Beneficial Building”, part 3 of the BIG MOUTH message series, with Pastor Shawn M. Shoup.
Ephesians 4:29-32 NIV
TALK IT OUT
Discuss these questions with someone—maybe a family member, friend, or member of your Connect Group. Use a communication method that works best for your situation.
Find a conversation starter for your group.
- What are some of the best/funniest “big mouth” moments you’ve ever been a part of? Either your big mouth or that of someone else.
Ask a question to get your group thinking.
- “So I tell you this, and insist on it in the Lord, that you must no longer live as the Gentiles do, in the futility of their thinking.” Ephesians 4:17
- Pastor Shawn shared that this verse addresses the polytheistic nature of the Gentiles of the day. What other applications might this verse have?
- What types of things do non-Christians waste their time, thoughts, and energy on that Christians should not?
Choose a question to create openness.
- What’s the longest-lasting, most influential thing anyone has ever said to you? Why was that so important?
- Share a time when someone’s words built you up?
Be bold and pray with power.
Father! Help us to speak life! Build a foundation within us made of love and grace for those around us. We don’t want our words to cut down. We want our words to change the world as Jesus’ words did. Let our words be those that build others up. Help us to live, love, and speak like you.
Commit to a step and live it out this week.
- Consider taking Pastor Shawn’s challenge to memorize Ephesians 4:29-32.
- What are some ways you can “speak life” this week?
- Who are some specific people within your circle that you feel led to speak life to?