We loved seeing everyone online this weekend! Feel free to message us during the week if you have any questions. If you missed this week’s message, or want to hear it again, be sure to check out our SERMONS Page. Messages are generally posted each week by Tuesday afternoon.
Every week, it’s our goal to provide you with some questions to process the message deeper, either personally, or with a small group. Here are some questions for you to consider from this week’s message, “Untamable”, part 2 of the BIG MOUTH message series, with Pastor Shawn M. Shoup.
James 3:2-12 NIV
TALK IT OUT
- What is the one thing you have said in the past that you most wish you could take back?
- What are the heaviest words you’ve ever heard?
- Who said them?
- Who were they directed to?
- What was the context of the situation?
- What was the outcome?
- How long did it take for those words to dissipate into history? That is, how long did it take for everything to settle after those words were spoken? When did those words cease to matter?
- Science tells us that sound never ceases to move. Every word ever spoken is still bouncing around the galaxies. If this is all true… if our words carry emotional and spiritual weight, as we have been talking about, how much more important is the taming of our tongue? Knowing that our words will never die, how much more careful with them must we be?