We loved seeing everyone online this weekend! Feel free to message us during the week if you have any questions. If you missed this week’s message, or want to hear it again, be sure to check out our SERMONS Page. Messages are generally posted each week by Tuesday afternoon.
Every week, it’s our goal to provide you with some questions to process the message deeper, either personally, or with a small group. Here are some questions for you to consider from this week’s message, “Get Your Passion Back”, part 5 of the POSITIVE message series with Pastor Shawn M. Shoup.
But thank God! He gives us victory over sin and death through our Lord Jesus Christ. So, my dear brothers and sisters, be strong and immovable. Always work enthusiastically for the Lord, for you know that nothing you do for the Lord is ever useless. 1 Corinthians 15:57-58 NLT
David said to the Philistine, “You come against me with sword and spear and javelin, but I come against you in the name of the LORD Almighty, the God of the armies of Israel, whom you have defied. This day the LORD will deliver you into my hands, and I’ll strike you down and cut off your head. This very day I will give the carcasses of the Philistine army to the birds and the wild animals, and the whole world will know that there is a God in Israel.” 1 Samuel 17:45-46 NIV
Create in me a pure heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me. … Restore to me the joy of your salvation and grant me a willing spirit, to sustain me. Psalm 51:10, 12 NIV
“Yet I hold this against you: You have forsaken the love you had at first. Consider how far you have fallen! Repent and do the things you did at first. …” Revelation 2:4-5 NIV
TALK IT OUT
Discuss these questions with someone—maybe a family member, friend, or member of your Connect Group. Use a communication method that works best for your situation.
Start talking. Find a conversation starter for your group.
- What’s something you’re really passionate about?
- What’s something other people are passionate about, but you’ve never really been able to get on board with?
Start thinking. Ask a question to get your group thinking.
- There are two types of people: those who let their circumstances influence their enthusiasm and those who let their enthusiasm influence their circumstances. Which type are you? How does your type affect you?
- What do you think about the idea that it’s not what you do that makes work meaningful, but it’s who you do it for? How do you think embracing this mindset would impact your life?
- Enthusiasm isn’t a product of the environment, but a posture of our hearts. How would you describe the posture of your heart?
Start sharing. Choose a question to create openness.
- Have you ever lost your passion for God or the work He put in front of you? What was that season like? What did you learn?
- How can you trust, walk with, and worship God this week?
Start praying. Be bold and pray with power.
Father, thank You, that no matter what we’re going through, You’re always by our side. Help us to find our passion in You—not in our environment. Help us to be men and women after Your own heart. In Jesus’ name, amen.