We loved seeing everyone online this weekend! Feel free to message us during the week if you have any questions. If you missed this week’s message, or want to hear it again, be sure to check out our SERMONS Page. Messages are generally posted each week by Tuesday afternoon.
Every week, it’s our goal to provide you with some questions to process the message deeper, either personally, or with a small group. Here are some questions for you to consider from this week’s message, “Three Truths to Build Confidence”, part 3 of the POSITIVE message series with Pastor Shawn M. Shoup.
… Forget about self-confidence; it’s useless. Cultivate God-confidence. 1 Corinthians 10:12 MSG
My heart is confident in you, O God; my heart is confident. No wonder I can sing your praises! Psalm 57:7 NLT
… If God is for us, who can ever be against us? Romans 8:31 NLT
So do not throw away this confident trust in the Lord. Remember the great reward it brings you! Hebrews 10:35 NLT
… “Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you.” So we say with confidence, “The Lord is my helper; I will not be afraid.” … Hebrews 13:5-6 NIV
God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble. Psalm 46:1 NIV
… being confident of this, that he [God] who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus. Philippians 1:6 NIV
For we have heard of your faith in Christ Jesus and your love for all of God’s people, which come from your confident hope of what God has reserved for you in heaven. You have had this expectation ever since you first heard the truth of the Good News. Colossians 1:4-5 NLT
TALK IT OUT
Discuss these questions with someone—maybe a family member, friend, or member of your Connect Group. Use a communication method that works best for your situation.
Start talking. Find a conversation starter for your group.
- What’s something about you or your life that you have some healthy confidence about?
- What’s something you’re not confident about?
Start thinking. Ask a question to get your group thinking.
- People pleasers, fishers, and one-uppers all manifest their insecurities in different ways. Which type do you identify with most?
- Have your insecurities ever kept you from obeying God or following your dreams? What happened?
- How would your life look different if you shifted your focus from self-confidence to God-confidence?
Start sharing. Choose a question to create openness.
- Three truths help build our God-confidence: believing God is always for us, God always helps us, and God is still working in us. Do you have difficulty believing any of those truths? Talk about it.
- What are some ways you can become more confident in God and the work He’s doing in your life this week?
Start praying. Be bold and pray with power.
Father, thank You for all the ways in which You strengthen us and prepare us for the future. Help us to remember that no matter what work You set in front of us or what struggles come our way, we can rely on Your power to continue forward each day. In Jesus’ name, amen.