We loved seeing everyone online this weekend! Feel free to message us during the week if you have any questions. If you missed this week’s message, or want to hear it again, be sure to check out our SERMONS Page. Messages are generally posted each week by Wednesday morning.
Every week, it’s our goal to provide you with some questions to process the message deeper, either personally, or with a small group. Here are some questions for you to consider from this week’s message, “Enough of the Bad News”, part 1 of the POSITIVE message series with Pastor Shawn M. Shoup.
- And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose. – Romans 8:28 NIV
- I consider that our present sufferings are not worth comparing with the glory that will be revealed in us. – Romans 8:18 NIV
- In the same way, the Spirit helps us in our weakness. – Romans 8:26 NIV
- For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord. – Romans 8:38-39 NIV
TALK IT OUT
Discuss these questions with someone—maybe a family member, friend, or member of your Connect Group. Use a communication method that works best for your situation.
Start talking. Find a conversation starter for your group.
- What’s something good that’s happened to you in the past week?
- If you could make one thing go back to normal right now, what would you choose?
Start thinking. Ask a question to get your group thinking.
- Pastor Shawn said, “What consumes your mind, controls your life.” Do you think that’s true? What do you think controls your life?
- Have you ever thought of optimism as the expectation that God will work every situation for our good? What do you think about that?
- Read Romans 8:38-39. What would your life be like if you completely trusted that God was always with you and for you?
Start sharing. Choose a question to create openness.
- Have you ever seen God work a difficult situation for the good of someone who loves Him? What happened?
- How can you shift your mindset so that you trust, in every situation, that God is working for our good?
Start praying. Be bold and pray with power.
Father, thank You for hope. Thank You that, even when negativity is all around us, we can focus on You and trust that You’re at work in every situation, no matter how hard. Help us to embrace the optimism that only You can provide. In Jesus’ name, amen.
Start doing. Commit to a step and live it out this week.
Consider your thoughts this week. If any are negatively affecting your quality of life, ask God to direct those thoughts to Him instead.