We loved seeing everyone online this weekend! Feel free to message us during the week if you have any questions. If you missed this week’s message, or want to hear it again, be sure to check out our SERMONS Page. Messages are generally posted each week by Wednesday morning.
Every week, it’s our goal to provide you with some questions to process the message deeper, either personally, or with a small group. Here are some questions for you to consider from this week’s message, “The Chain of Fear”, part 2 of the BREAKING CHAINS message series with Pastor Shawn M. Shoup.
TALK IT OUT
- Last week we talked about doubt, and about how doubt is the beginning of many troubles. Jesus said, “In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.” (John 16:33 NIV).
- Do you believe these words?
- Do these words from Jesus bring you comfort?
- In your life, does your fear of the future come from an expectation that you have to deal with life alone?
- Remember the root word of testimony means, “Do it again!” Think back. When in your life has Jesus proven, to you specifically, that He has overcome this world?
- In regards to God knowing His plans for our lives, but not telling us all the details: do you feel that you could handle the details of your future now? In this moment?
- Take some time to pray and ask the Father to remove your doubt and break away the chains of fear that keep you from walking into the future with your head held high. With a confidence that Your heavenly Father has good plans for you. And that He walks with you. And that you don’t have to ever do life alone!