We loved seeing everyone at church this weekend! Feel free to message us during the week if you have any questions about the sermon. If you missed this week’s message, or want to hear it again, be sure to check out our SERMONS Page. Messages are generally posted each week by Wednesday morning.
Every week, it’s our goal to provide you with some questions to process the message deeper, either personally, or with a small group. Here are some questions for you to consider from this week’s message, “Because We Can”, from part 5 of the LIGHTS SHINE BRIGHT message series with Pastor Shawn M. Shoup.
TALK IT OUT
- Think about your life. How many things do you do “because you can”?
- As Christians, and as Americans, do you feel like we are over-saturated with freedom? That is, do you feel that we are so free that we take freedom for granted?
- Would you treat prayer differently if it were a requirement for salvation?
- This isn’t meant to be a guilt trip, just an exercise in critical thinking. If you spent your life passionately lighting the dark, what changes might you see in our world? Either locally or globally.
- Our Elevate students spent the past week pondering the phrase, “When it comes to prayer, don’t quit because it’s quiet.” Do you feel we are too impatient when we don’t see results from our prayers?
- What are some dangers of trying to bring light to the dark on our own, separate from God?
- Remember, the lightbulb doesn’t do any work. It only plugs into the source of power. Take a few moments and ask God to give you patience, peace, and willingness to relax in His plan, and shine in the dark, as He calls and leads you.