We loved seeing everyone at church this weekend! Feel free to message us during the week if you have any questions about the sermon. If you missed this week’s message, or want to hear it again, be sure to check out our SERMONS Page. Messages are generally posted each week by Wednesday morning.
Every week, it’s our goal to provide you with some questions to process the message deeper, either personally, or with a small group. Here are some questions for you to consider from this week’s message, “All Things To All People”, from part 3 of the LIGHTS SHINE BRIGHT message series with Pastor Shawn M. Shoup.
TALK IT OUT
- When Jesus died on the Cross, the veil that physically separated God’s Holy place from all who were unworthy to stand in His presence was miraculously torn. Jesus’ sacrifice made a way for everyone, regardless of religious standing, to commune with God.
- Why do you think that Christians have spent so much of the past 2000 years trying to sew that curtain back together?
- In what ways do you see the church of today trying to hide their light back inside that curtain, away from the world?
- Do you feel that you hide your light from the world? If so, do you feel that it was done on purpose or absentmindedly?
- Our human nature is to shy away from danger. To shy away from risk. And there is some risk in shining our God-given light in the dark places of this world.
- Think about it: what dangers of shining your light in the dark places might you be shying away from? What fears might be guiding your choices?
- Are these fears logical? Are they realistic?
- Is the reward for shining your light in spite of these fears worth it? Is bringing freedom to those who live in the dark a calculated and worthy risk?