We loved seeing everyone at church this weekend! Feel free to message us during the week if you have any questions about the sermon. If you missed this week’s message, or want to hear it again, be sure to check out our SERMONS Page. Messages are generally posted each week by Wednesday morning.
Every week, it’s our goal to provide you with some questions to process the message deeper, either personally, or with a small group. Here are some questions for you to consider from this week’s message, “The Filament”, from part 1 of the LIGHTS SHINE BRIGHT message series with Pastor Shawn M. Shoup.
- Matthew 5:14-16, Genesis 1:1-4, Psalm 119:105, 1 Peter 2:9, Matthew 4:12-16, Isaiah 9:1-2, 6, John 1:5, 2 Corinthians 4:5-7 ESV
TALK IT OUT
- Jesus wants you to be bright! He wants you to act as that city on a hill, that – once lit – cannot be hidden.
- Do you feel that Jesus has lit your life? Has He given you something to bring light to your world?
- If a city on a hill cannot be hidden, why do you think it is so common for us to try to hide our light?
- Jesus is God speaking, now, in the world.
- How have you experienced Jesus – God – speaking to you personally, now?
- Does this aspect of our relationship with Jesus bring you comfort, hope, or empowerment to shine brightly in this world?