We loved seeing everyone at church this weekend! Feel free to message us during the week if you have any questions about the sermon. If you missed this week’s message, or want to hear it again, be sure to check out our SERMONS Page. Messages are generally posted each week by Wednesday morning.
Every week, it’s our goal to provide you with some questions to process the message deeper, either personally, or with a small group. Here are some questions for you to consider from this week’s message, “Meet Barney”, from part 1 of the LET’S NOT FORGET THE FINE PRINT message series with Pastor Shawn M. Shoup.
TALK IT OUT
God wants us to remember that church is not built on the gifts and talents of a few. But on the sacrifices of many. The church that Jesus is building across the world is not built on a talented worship leader, a talented speaker, a talented organizer, or somebody who’s good at marketing. This church is built, first, on the rock that is Jesus. And second, on the sacrifice of extraordinary people who are entrusted with all manner of roles in the kingdom of God.
- Why do you think we tend to gloss over so many important people when we read through the Bible?
- Do you ever feel like you are insignificant in God’s story? How so?
- How does the story of Barnabas and his quiet impact on the early (and eternal church) affect your understanding of what it means to serve in the church?
- How do you think the church as a whole would be impacted if everyone started looking at the church as an organism with many parts, rather than a platform for a few people that stand out front?
- How does the story of Barnabas affect how you feel about your place in God’s story? Does it make you feel more significant?