We loved seeing everyone at church this weekend! Feel free to message us during the week if you have any questions about the sermon. If you missed this week’s message, or want to hear it again, be sure to check out our SERMONS Page. Messages are generally posted each week by Wednesday morning.
Every week, it’s our goal to provide you with some questions to process the message deeper, either personally, or with a small group. Here are some questions for you to consider from this week’s message, “Serving Others”, part 6 of the DEVELOPING HABITS THAT WILL CHANGE YOUR LIFE message series with Pastor Shawn M. Shoup.
TALK IT OUT
- When was a time in your life where you were totally lost and felt completely helpless?
- What was that experience like? What did it feel like when you were finally rescued?
- Do you feel that same rescued feeling when you think about Destiny? Is this a family that makes you feel safe, loved, found?
- God’s plan for your life is that you be connected to the church. The Bible says the Jesus is returning for His bride, the church. Have you considered God’s plan regarding the church? Are you committed to being a part of that plan?
- Pastor Shawn shared that, as a response to God’s love for us, we gather together and seek God’s direction. And we worship Him and rely on each other. Do you feel that, with this in mind, you spend your time attending church – or being the church? Have you confused attendance for spiritual growth? Why do you feel that way?
- Do you regularly exercise your particular God-given gift set within the church? Why?
- Do you know what your gift set is? If not, please consider what your skills might be. Everyone has a gift set. For some people, they may just be a little harder to dig out, but they are there. And you are extremely valuable to the body of Christ!
- If you haven’t already, please consider heading over to mydestiny.family/serve to see how you can plug-in and serve as part of this body.