We loved seeing everyone at church this weekend! Feel free to message us during the week if you have any questions about the sermon. If you missed this week’s message, or want to hear it again, be sure to check out our SERMONS Page. Messages are generally posted each week by Wednesday morning.
Every week, it’s our goal to provide you with some questions to process the message deeper, either personally, or with a small group. Here are some questions for you to consider from this week’s message, “Wise Communication”, part 6 of the PROVERBS message series with Pastor Shawn M. Shoup.
TALK IT OUT
- “Death and life are in the power of the tongue, and those who love it will eat it’s fruits.” Proverbs 18:21 ESV. Do you believe this to be true? Have you experienced life and death through someone’s words? Even your own?
- Communication is key. Think of your top 3-5 relationships. God, spouse, children, friends… Do you feel that your conversations within those relationships are healthy? How can they be better? There is always room to grow!
- “Wise communication is the right message, at the right time, in the right way. It’s real talk with a redemptive purpose.”
- When is a time you’ve met these criteria for wise communication and saw life come from it?
- When is a time that it didn’t go so well?
- What was the defining factor in each situation, making it successful or unsuccessful?
- Take a moment and ask the Father to help tame your tongue. That your words would bring life and joy. That His words would be in your mouth.
- Have you gone to mydestiny.family/proverbs and signed up for daily readings in the book of Proverbs for the rest of August? If yes, great! If not, take a moment and consider joining us.