We loved seeing everyone at church this weekend! Feel free to message us during the week if you have any questions about the sermon. If you missed this week’s message, or want to hear it again, be sure to check out our SERMONS Page. Messages are generally posted each week by Wednesday morning.
Every week, it’s our goal to provide you with some questions to process the message deeper, either personally, or with a small group. Here are some questions for you to consider from this week’s message, “Proverbial Sex”, part 4 of the PROVERBS message series with Pastor Shawn M. Shoup.
TALK IT OUT
- This week, sexuality was presented — via scripture in the Book of Proverbs — as being created by God, and is encouraged and designed to be enjoyed. Why do you think the general public, including Christians, believe the Bible to be sexually repressive?
- The “sex sales pitch” society, that we are immersed in, tends to be destructive. Do you struggle with sexual sales? How might a person create healthy boundaries to protect themselves from this sex-sells issue?
- Lustful passions can bring damage in three ways: 1) Adultery 2) Pornography 3) and it also Destroys Sex. These things affect a higher percentage of men, but the effects on women are climbing. Have you experienced this? Have you built relational structures to help you deal with these issues?
- Have you or would you consider joining or creating a “Fight Club” to help you make good choices? Go to www.mydestiny.family/fightclub for more information. These kind of groups are great for women, too. Get in community!
- Have you gone to mydestiny.family/proverbs and signed up for daily readings in the book of Proverbs for the rest of July and August? If yes, great! If not, take a moment and consider joining us.