We loved seeing everyone at church this weekend! Feel free to message us during the week if you have any questions about the sermon. If you missed this week’s message, or want to hear it again, be sure to check out our SERMONS Page. Messages are generally posted each week by Wednesday morning.
Every week, it’s our goal to provide you with some questions to process the message deeper, either personally, or with a small group. Here are some questions for you to consider from this week’s message, “NOT A HOSTAGE”, with Pastor Shawn M. Shoup.
TALK IT OUT
- This message focused on a large portion of scripture, Philippians 1:12-30. This passage is written about freedom from a physical place of bondage. How does this idea that one can be in a physical struggle but living in freedom internally impact your perspective on the troubles and trials you face?
- One of the major points of this message was to “Focus in what God is doing through you instead of what is happening to you.” Does this idea of counting blessings impact your view of the future? In what ways?
- Has God ever used your situation to change you? It’s testimony time, remember that testimony means “do it again”!
- Apokaradokia means turn away from other interests and stretch toward what is important. With this in mind, what do you need to turn your head away from? What do you need to stretch your attention to?
- Take a few minutes to meditate on the phrase, “I’m put here! I’m not a hostage!”
- What has God called you to be doing in this season?