We loved seeing everyone at church this weekend! Feel free to message us during the week if you have any questions about the sermon. If you missed this week’s message, or want to hear it again, be sure to check out our SERMONS Page. Messages are generally posted each week by Wednesday morning.
Every week, it’s our goal to provide you with some questions to process the message deeper, either personally, or with a small group. Here are some questions for you to consider from this week’s message, “Our Aim”, part 4 of the PASSION + PURPOSE series, with Pastor Shawn.
TALK IT OUT
- This week’s talk took us to the climax — maybe even the biggest answer to the question: how do we do our “WHATEVER” in the name of Jesus? When you look at how Jesus responds to the wealthy landowner in Luke 12, what are your initial thoughts?
- What feelings do you have when we say that we need to make our aim to tell people about Jesus? Fear? Excitement? Confusion? Like, “How do I do that?”
- Pastor Shawn said that our actions are important, but can’t be substituted for people actually hearing about Jesus. St Francis of Assisi’s famous quote of preaching the Gospel and “if necessary, use words” is simply an encouragement to share the story of Jesus AND partner it with action. Do you agree? Why or why not?
- What do you think when Jesus says that we are to be salt and light to a flavorless, bland, and dark world? God wants you to have a platform to shine and give flavor!
- Your work and your ways will give you the opportunity to share your witness and your winnings. How are you being a witness — telling others your Jesus story?
- Think about the platform you are building by walking out your passions. Is it shoddy or stellar?
- How can you share your “winnings” into your purpose?
- Why is it important to be rooted in a community of faith?