We loved seeing everyone at church this weekend! Feel free to message us during the week if you have any questions about the sermon. If you missed this week’s message, or want to hear it again, be sure to check out our SERMONS Page. Messages are generally posted each week by Wednesday morning.
Every week, it’s our goal to provide you with some questions to process the message deeper, either personally, or with a small group. Here are some questions for you to consider from this week’s message, “Don’t Give the Enemy a Seat at Your Table”, part 4 of the EVEN THOUGH series, with Pastor Shawn.
TALK IT OUT
- First of all, do you have this scripture displayed somewhere in your house? For many of us, we’ve heard it so many times, that it’s easy for it to lose the deep meaning found in all the promises of God as our Good Shepherd.
- Consider the fact that God is with you. How does that make you feel?
- If God is your Shepherd, how does He lead, guide, and protect you?
- The word “follow” in verse 6, in the original language, means “follow hard” or “persecute”. God “follows hard” after you. He “attends closely” to you. What does that mean to you?
- Do you spend time at the table that God has prepared for you in the presence of your enemies?
- Have you believed any of the lies of the enemy? That it’s better at another table? That you are “not good enough”? That you are “not going to make it”? That “everyone is against you”?
Such a great word Pastor Shawn. My reading today in the Passion translation, is another beautiful “even though” message. Ps. 46 God you are such a safe and Powerful place to find Refuge. You’re a proven help in time of trouble – more than enough and always available whenever I need you. So we will never fear EVEN IF every structure of support were to crumble away. …….. well, the chapter is so good. Blessings and health today.
Thank you, Beth! I think this series could go on and on and on! So many EVEN THOUGH moments in scripture, where God rescues us from ourselves. He is good!