We loved seeing everyone at church this weekend! Feel free to message us during the week if you have any questions about the sermon. If you missed this week’s message, or want to hear it again, be sure to check out our SERMONS Page. Messages are generally posted each week by Wednesday morning.
Every week, it’s our goal to provide you with some questions to process the message deeper, either personally, or with a small group. Here are some questions for you to consider from this week’s message, “Taking the Great Commandment Literally”, part 1 of THE ART OF NEIGHBORING series, with Pastor Shawn.
TALK IT OUT
- When Jesus prays for us in John 17, He prays for us to be in unity. What happens when the church is in unity? How can the church do better at dwelling together in unity?
- Think about the questions that the author asked the city leaders: 1) What’s your dream for our city? 2) If you could wave a magic wand and change anything, what would it be?
- What do you think about the idea that Jesus may have given us the most strategic plan for evangelism when He talked about loving our neighbors? Do you see how loving our neighbors should have a high priority in our lives? Explain.
- Think practical for a second: how could you love your neighbors this week? Write down or share a few ideas.
- What do you think Jesus means in Luke 10:28 when He says, “…now go and do exactly that and you will live…”?
- Fill out a Block Map (like this one). How many names do you know? Do you think that if you put this on your fridge or bathroom mirror that it will be a motivation for you to pray and get to know your neighbors? Taking the first step is a really big deal!
- Learning names is a big deal, but taking step 2 and step 3 is the goal: getting to know more about your neighbor and what they are dreaming / passionate about. What do you think that could look like in your context? Maybe this is something you could pray about?