We loved seeing everyone at church this weekend! Feel free to message us during the week if you have any questions about the sermon. If you missed this week’s message, or want to hear it again, be sure to check out our SERMONS Page. Messages are generally posted each week by Wednesday morning.
Every week, it’s our goal to provide you with some questions to process the message deeper, either personally, or with a small group. Here are some questions for you to consider from this week’s message, “Self Must Fall (Again)”, Part 4 of the GIANTS GOING DOWN message series with Pastor Shawn M. Shoup.
- 1 Corinthians 9:24-27
- Galatians 5:1, 16-25
TALK IT OUT
- We’re into week 4 of the Giants Going Down series now. It can be easy to point out giants in other’s lives, but have you discovered what giants may be standing in the valley of your life yet?
- Speaking of the “old man”, which is the self that we were talking about this weekend, have you ever been water baptized (a symbolic act of putting down the old man)? Find out more about getting water baptized at Destiny here.
- Paul gives us the picture of a runner running a race when he talks about denying self. Do you have a racer’s mentality when it comes to running the race? What are you doing to keep the pace?
- What does it mean for all of us to be in “strict training”? To buffet our bodies? What does it look like for you to “punch yourself in the self”?
- What does it look like, in your life, to “walk in step with Holy Spirit” as it says in Galatians 5? That important, because one of the fruits of Holy Spirit working in our lives is self-control.
- Consider picking up a copy of “Goliath Must Fall”, the book by Louie Giglio that inspired this message series.
- There is also a small group study, with accompanying DVD, available for purchase here.