Area Missionary Dan Lucero reminds us with
scripture of God’s great promise to heal. Day 21 of 21 Days of Prayer + Fasting 2019.
“For I will restore health to you and heal you of your wounds, says the Lord.” (Jer. 30:17, NKJV)
Healing is a promised part of every believer’s walk with God. In fact, every healing is in a sense a restoration back to health, be it spiritual, emotional or physical, as declared by God in Jer. 30:17.
Promises are so special because they keep us attentive, expectant and focused as we await and look forward to their accomplishment. Every young child knows the tangible excitement, the bubbling inside of holding a promise in their heart, and every parent knows the power of how promises can shape hope and purpose in their relationship with their children.
But, at times, when a promise is delayed, we can begin to lose hope. In Num. 23:19God the Father declares: “God is not a man, that He should lie, nor a son of man, that He should repent. Has He said, and will He not do? Or has He spoken, and will He not make it good?”
Today, stand strong in the promise of your healing and the healing of those for whom you pray. Do not forget that nothing—absolutely nothing—is impossible with God (Luke 1:37).
Prayer + Reflection
1. God is our Father who loves us so much that He has kept absolutely nothing from us. Come back to Him today and be reconciled, embracing His loving goodness, mercy and restoring power and grace that heals your spirit, soul and body!
2. When you pray for your healing or that of others, confess any unforgiveness that we all so easily hide. Your faith will be quenched by the free-flowing grace of God’s love, which brings healing.
3. Pray today and every day remembering these nine words: Take God’s side; Never give up; Expect a miracle.
- Miracle Invasion: Amazing True Stories of the Holy Spirit’s Gifts at Work Today by Dean Merrill
- Positioned for Miracles: Making Your Life an Amazing Story by Dr. Jerry Stott
- The Spirit of the Lord is Upon Us by Dr. Leslie Keegel
- Doing What Jesus Did: Ministering in the Power of the Holy Spirit (Chapters 3 and 5) by John and Sonja Decker
- Doing What Jesus Did Online Course, Ministry Training Network
- Entrenamiento Ministerial Spanish Ministry
- See all
Print out the full 21 Days of Prayer + Fasting PDF to follow along in your quiet time.