Pastor Rick Fry tells about a woman from his congregation healed from
migraines, and urges us to believe and pray. Day 20 of 21 Days of Prayer + Fasting 2019.
“Heal the sick, cleanse the lepers, raise the dead, cast out demons. Freely you have received, freely give.” (Matt. 10:8, NKJV)
Many times, I’ve prayed for the sick with no visible results—so much so that I actually said, “Lord, don’t send me to hospitals anymore to pray for the sick. They’ll probably die.”
However, in the past several months, I’ve spent time meditating on the Scriptures (Matt. 10:8; John 14:12). My church has been contending for God’s promises, as well, spending many hours in prayer, worship and collective fasting. We’ve seen multiple people healed of cancer, deadly heart issues cured and broken relationships mended.
One woman in our church was healed of migraine headaches she had suffered with constantly for more than 35 years. Her husband, a non-believer, told her that if her God healed her, he would come to church.
Hungry for her husband to know the Lord, she came forward for prayer. She felt nothing, but she declared and believed, “I’m healed!” After a week, her skeptical husband tested her healing by feeding her every food that triggered her migraines. She’s now been migraine-free for six months and eats whatever she wants. Her husband received Jesus, and life is changing for him.
Let’s contend for what Jesus promised: that our lives would be a place of faith, a place where miracles and restoration begin.
Prayer + Reflection
1. Believe. Ask God for faith to believe what He has said.
2. Make room. Provide time in your weekly services for people to respond to His call.
3. Be willing. Have a willingness to step out in faith, contending for His kingdom to come.
- Miracle Invasion: Amazing True Stories of the Holy Spirit’s Gifts at Work Today by Dean Merrill
- Positioned for Miracles: Making Your Life an Amazing Story by Dr. Jerry Stott
- The Spirit of the Lord is Upon Us by Dr. Leslie Keegel
- Doing What Jesus Did: Ministering in the Power of the Holy Spirit (Chapters 3 and 5) by John and Sonja Decker
- Doing What Jesus Did Online Course, Ministry Training Network
- Entrenamiento Ministerial Spanish Ministry
- See all
Print out the full 21 Days of Prayer + Fasting PDF to follow along in your quiet time.