Area Missionary Jerry Stott shares wisdom he has received after seeing many miraculous healings. Day 16 of 21 Days of Prayer + Fasting 2019.
“And suddenly, a woman who had a flow of blood for 12 years came from behind and touched the hem of His garment. For she said to herself, ‘If only I may touch His garment, I shall be made well.’ But Jesus turned around, and when He saw her He said, ‘Be of good cheer, daughter; your faith has made you well.’ And the woman was made well from that hour.” (Matt. 9:20-22, NKJV)
I had just finished reading those scriptures when a crippled woman began shouting, “Would He touch me, too?” We prayed, and she was instantly healed. That was the beginning that sparked more than 150 healings in the years ahead.
News spread; soon people were bringing friends and neighbors from everywhere. Two teens born without eardrums were healed. One began speaking immediately in tongues and couldn’t stop. The other screamed because she heard music for the first time, and it was so loud to her.
Next, a blind man was brought to me. We prayed together for him to first give his life to Jesus. As soon as we said the “Amen,” his eyesight was restored.
Through the years I have learned some very important keys:
- All of the healings I have witnessed were with people believing for healing, like the woman who pressed into Jesus.
- Always be willing to reach out and pray for people whenever you have the opportunity.
Watch how God will surprise you.
Prayer + Reflection
1. Ask the Lord for opportunities to be used by Him as a vessel of healing to hurting people.
2. Pray and believe for a fresh anointing of the Holy Spirit to pray for healing for those in need.
3. Pray for a greater boldness and a greater level of faith to step out when the opportunities come.
- Miracle Invasion: Amazing True Stories of the Holy Spirit’s Gifts at Work Today by Dean Merrill
- Positioned for Miracles: Making Your Life an Amazing Story by Dr. Jerry Stott
- The Spirit of the Lord is Upon Us by Dr. Leslie Keegel
- Doing What Jesus Did: Ministering in the Power of the Holy Spirit (Chapters 3 and 5) by John and Sonja Decker
- Doing What Jesus Did Online Course, Ministry Training Network
- Entrenamiento Ministerial Spanish Ministry
- See all
Print out the full 21 Days of Prayer + Fasting PDF to follow along in your quiet time.