We loved seeing everyone at church this weekend! Feel free to message us during the week if you have any questions about the sermon. If you missed this week’s message, or want to hear it again, be sure to check out our SERMONS Page. Messages are generally posted each week by Wednesday morning.
Every week, it’s our goal to provide you with some questions to process the message deeper, either personally, or with a small group. Here are some questions for you to consider from this week’s message, “Self Must Fall”, Part 3 of the GIANTS GOING DOWN message series with Pastor Shawn M. Shoup.
TALK IT OUT
- Have you ever stopped to consider how, sometimes, you can be your own worst enemy? Can you think of a time, recently, where you did things your own way?
- It’s important to remember while talking about bringing down the giant of self, that this doesn’t mean that you are any less loved or cherished by Father God. Take some time to write down or talk about the things that God says and thinks about you as a loved son or daughter of God.
- Can you think of a time where God threw you a lifeline, like the messenger who came back to tell King David about Bathsheba? Do you have people in your life that are the right kind of messenger in your life? Ones that will help guard you against the giant of self?
- Consider Uriah’s example to us of denying self. He slept on his doorstep rather than do what he considered “not right”. How do you put your flesh to death? (We’ll talk about this in next week’s message)
- If taking up your cross means taking on the mission and mentality of Jesus, what does that look like for you today? This week? This year?
- How do you make “following Jesus” a priority in your day-to-day life?