Caleb Brown uses Scripture to tell about the parameters for physical healing. Day 15 of 21 Days of Prayer + Fasting 2019.
“… And they will return to the Lord, and Hewill listen to their pleas for mercy and heal them.” (Isa. 19:22, ESV)
Recently we were with a group of people who were seeking healing. After praying for one another, God immediately healed many.
A few remained whose healing had not yet physically manifested. Curious and disappointed, Juma, a young Muslim man suffering from malaria, asked why he hadn’t been healed.
After sensing a genuine desire to understand, I shared three principles from Scripture that, when lived out, align us with God’s will and power:
1. Repent. Prov. 3:7-8 instructs us that allowing the Holy Spirit to change our mind about our situation and heart condition is necessary and healthy.
2. Honor His presence. Matt. 13 teaches that miracles can’t occur where there is dishonor and unbelief. Bless the Lord, remember His goodness and thank Him for His forgiveness, healing, redemption, kindness and mercy (Ps. 103:2-4).
3. Boldly ask in faith. Luke 5:17. Do not hesitate to ask, because “the power of the Lord was present to heal …”
I quickly prayed Mark 1:41 over Juma, that he would be cleansed of the malaria. God immediately demonstrated His supernatural compassion and healing. Several days later, Juma surrendered his life to Jesus.
Prayer + Reflection
1. Repent of any sin that is keeping you from the heart of God.
2. Thank God for His forgiveness, healing and deliverance. Honor His goodness in your prayers.
3. Ask boldly for the healing desired, praying for God’s will in all situations. Remember Luke 18:1—even if you’ve asked before, ask afresh today, and don’t lose heart!
- Miracle Invasion: Amazing True Stories of the Holy Spirit’s Gifts at Work Today by Dean Merrill
- Positioned for Miracles: Making Your Life an Amazing Story by Dr. Jerry Stott
- The Spirit of the Lord is Upon Us by Dr. Leslie Keegel
- Doing What Jesus Did: Ministering in the Power of the Holy Spirit (Chapters 3 and 5) by John and Sonja Decker
- Doing What Jesus Did Online Course, Ministry Training Network
- Entrenamiento Ministerial Spanish Ministry
- See all
Print out the full 21 Days of Prayer + Fasting PDF to follow along in your quiet time.