Juan Muzquiz shares powerful testimony of a friend delivered from addiction and homelessness. Day 7 of 21 Days of Prayer + Fasting 2019.
“The Lord said to Satan, ‘The Lord rebuke you, Satan! The Lord, who has chosen Jerusalem, rebuke you! Is not this man a burning stick snatched from the fire?’” (Zech. 3:2, NIV)
For more than 28 years, I have served Jesus as a pastor. I’ve had the opportunity to reach those who have found themselves trapped in the world of substance abuse and gangs.
Through ministry, I have witnessed the healing and restoration of more than 10,000 men and their families. Seeing their complete restoration has been life-giving to my family and me.
Among the stories that significantly impacted me is that of my friend and accountant, Julio Morfin. Julio went from being a financially stable professional to a homeless, lonely drug addict on the streets, searching for food and collecting cans to continue his addiction. After five years of hell, God used someone to remind Julio to seek help.
Seventeen years ago, God led Julio to the rehabilitation center where I was serving, and he began a journey toward spiritual healing. Today, Julio is an ordained pastor with a restored family. He is the leader of the rehabilitation center where he encountered the Savior and was made whole. And he also serves as the legal representative for The Foursquare Church in Mexico.
Thank God for His mighty healing!
Prayer + Reflection
1. Pray for the restoration of those struggling with addiction. Lift up the many who want to leave that world but do not know how.
2. Pray for family members of those struggling, who many times are unsure how to help.
3. Ask the Lord to make us vessels of Jesus’s restoration.
- Emotional Healthy Spirituality by Peter Scazzero
- “Setting Captives Free” Series by Mike Cleveland
- Cleansing Stream International Ministries
- Dr. Henry Cloud Ministries
- Commended to the Word Daily Devotional (Daniel Brown)
- Your Move with Andy Stanley Podcast
- See all recommended resources
Print out the full 21 Days of Prayer + Fasting PDF to follow along in your quiet time.