Pastor Ruben Reyna shares testimony from people healed by Jesus through his Southern California-based discipleship ministry. Day 4 of 21 Days of Prayer + Fasting in 2019.
“Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new.” (2 Cor. 5:17, NKJV)
Spiritual healing can take many forms. Working with men’s and women’s homes, we take people in need and disciple them to become productive members of society. Through that ministry, I met Peter and Jenny.
Peter was involved in gang violence and was in prison. He was addicted to drugs and liquor. No one trusted him. Now, he is a delivery driver serving the prisons where he used to do time. God has performed miracles in his life, and he is married to a woman of God and has two beautiful daughters. Many members of his family have come to know Jesus, and he and his wife work in children’s ministry on Sundays.
Jenny came from a dysfunctional family. Her mother had depression, and her father was a heroin addict who was in and out of prison. At age 11, Jenny was raped and ran away to a life of drugs. She attempted suicide several times. She entered a home for women and learned about Jesus. He delivered Jenny from her drug addiction and suicidal thoughts. He broke generational curses. Now, she puts her whole trust in Jesus.
Peter and Jenny have both experienced spiritual healing and miracles, and in
Prayer + Reflection
1. Ask the Lord for a compassionate heart and the ability to reach out to those on the edge in your community.
2. Pray for the words to touch the hearts of those in your community who are hurting, and for protection for those in dangerous circumstances.
3. Rejoice and thank God for delivering His “new creations” out of sin and sadness.
- Emotional Healthy Spirituality by Peter Scazzero
- “Setting Captives Free” Series by Mike Cleveland
- Cleansing Stream International Ministries
- Dr. Henry Cloud Ministries
- Commended to the Word Daily Devotional (Daniel Brown)
- Your Move with Andy Stanley Podcast
- See all recommended resources
Print out the full 21 Days of Prayer + Fasting PDF to follow along in your quiet time.