How can we find a way out when we feel overwhelmed, wronged or even endangered? Day 3 of 21 Days of Prayer + Fasting in 2019.
“When my spirit was overwhelmed within me,
Then You knew my path.
In the way in which I walk
They have secretly set a snare for me.” (Ps. 142:3, NKJV)
Is your spirit overwhelmed within you? Do you feel you are about to explode from extreme pressures from within and without? Have you been treated unfairly or even abused? Then you may identify with David as he wrote Ps. 142. He was likely hiding out in a cave. We may feel we are in a cave of sorts, hiding what is really going on in our lives.
What can we do? Cry out to the Lord! Really, cry out! Plead your case before Him. Ask the Holy Spirit to pour forth the right words by praying in your spiritual language. Declare, “You, O Lord, are my refuge … Bring my soul out of prison” (vv. 5,7).
Then, repent of the things you have done that have resulted in this place you find yourself. Forgive those who have wronged you—truly forgive them, knowing that sets you free to receive spiritual healing.
Prayer + Reflection
1. Share with the Lord the ways you feel overwhelmed, and ask Him to help you pray.
2. Repent of any sin that has contributed to your condition. Ask God to help you forgive others who contributed to your condition.
3. Ask the Lord to deliver you from any bondage, lying, perversion or pride, in Jesus’s mighty name and the power of His blood. Ask Him to lead you to safe, competent ministers who will lovingly assist you to total freedom.
- Emotional Healthy Spirituality by Peter Scazzero
- “Setting Captives Free” Series by Mike Cleveland
- Cleansing Stream International Ministries
- Dr. Henry Cloud Ministries
- Commended to the Word Daily Devotional (Daniel Brown)
- Your Move with Andy Stanley Podcast
- See all recommended resources
Print out the full 21 Days of Prayer + Fasting PDF to follow along in your quiet time.