We loved seeing everyone at church this weekend! Feel free to message us during the week if you have any questions about the sermon. If you missed this week’s message, or want to hear it again, be sure to check out our
Every week, it’s our goal to provide you with some questions to process the message deeper, either personally, or with a small group. Here are some questions for you to consider from this week’s message, “Fear of What People Think of Me”, Part 2 of the FEAR NOT message series with Pastor Shawn M. Shoup.
TALK IT OUT
- How might you be obsessed with what people think of you?
- Describe a time when you were criticized for your obedience to God. What did you learn from your experience?
- What has God put on your heart? What ordinary act of obedience do you need to take
- With your Bible or your Bible App, read and discuss Matthew 1:18-25.
- How does it affect you when you obsess over what people think about you?
- Why do you think
obsessingover what others think of us rather than what God thinks of us is such a problem for so many people?
- Describe a time when you took a step of ordinary obedience as a result of something God put on your heart. What extraordinary act of God resulted from your ordinary obedience?
- In what ways has God shown you what He thinks of you?
- What steps do you need to take to stop living for people and instead start living fully for God?
Daily Bible Readings:
Take steps toward fully obeying what God is asking you to do or believe by reading and meditating on the following Bible passages this week.
- Day 1: Matthew 1:18-25
- Day 2: Galatians 1:6-10
- Day 3: Proverbs 29:25
- Day 4: 1 Thessalonians 2:1-8
- Day 5: John 12:37-43
- Day 6: 2 Corinthians 5:6-10
- Day 7: Romans 12:1-2