We loved seeing everyone at church this weekend! Feel free to message us during the week if you have any questions about the sermon. If you missed this week’s message, or want to hear it again, be sure to check out our SERMONS Page. Messages are posted by Wednesday mornings.
Every week, it’s our goal to provide you with some questions to process the message deeper, either personally, or with a small group. Here are some questions for you to consider from this week’s message, “Fear of What God is Asking Me To Do”, Part 1 of the FEAR NOT message series with Pastor Shawn M. Shoup.
TALK IT OUT
• How have you experienced the truth that God’s purpose is different from your plans?
• What is God asking you to do or believe?
• What is your response to what God is asking you to do or believe?
Additional Questions: If needed, include one or more of these scriptures and questions to extend your conversation/personal study even further.
• With your Bible or your Bible App, read and discuss Luke 1:26-38.
• Describe a time when you found one of God’s interruptions to be inconvenient. How did you respond to God?
• Are there any “what if’s” that cause you fear? If so, what are they and how do those fears affect you?
• Have you experienced God’s favor? If so, how did you experience it?
• What might be holding you back from fully obeying God? How will you overcome this barrier?
• What first step of obedience will you take to accomplish what God is asking you to do?
DAILY BIBLE READINGS
Take steps toward fully obeying what God is asking you to do or believe by reading and meditating on the following Bible passages this week.
• Day 1: Luke 1:26-38
• Day 2: Luke 1:39-56
• Day 3: 2 Timothy 1:6-8
• Day 4: Matthew 1:18-25
• Day 5: Jeremiah 29:11-14
• Day 6: Acts 5:27-32
• Day 7: Philippians 4:4-9