We loved seeing everyone at church this weekend! Feel free to message us during the week if you have any questions about the sermon. If you missed this week’s message, or want to hear it again, be sure to check out our SERMONS Page.
Every week, it’s our goal to provide you with some questions to process the message deeper, either personally, or with a small group. Here are some questions for you to consider from part four of the STILL WORTHY message series: “They Owe Me What?!”.
TALK IT OUT
1) Why do you think the verses covered in this weekend’s message have gotten such a bad reputation (Ephesians 5:21-22, 25)? What is your immediate reaction when you hear the word submit?
2) This is a good exercise: what is in your DREAMS (Desires and Wishes) box? What about your spouse’s? Do you think you have moved anything into an EXPECTATIONS box?
3) If you have an EXPECTATIONS box, what is it that you think your spouse owes you?
4) Submit, here, simply means to put our spouse’s desires, wishes and dreams a priority over ours. If we are to do that, “…out of reverence for Christ,” what does that mean? What does that look like?
5) Husbands, how do we love our wives, “just as Christ loved the church”?
6) If God designed marriage to be a reflection of His love for us, how well do you think your marriage is doing at reflecting His love?
7) Some people’s idea of submission, in reality, is much closer to what looks like parenting – holding the leash tight and giving slack when “behavior is good”. Have you ever caught yourself parenting your marriage relationship?